Some of my flowers on the way! Front to back, sunflowers, zinnias, cosmos, rudbeckia, and celosia. I got such a late start as we didn't put the seeds or seedlings in until mid-June but I'm hopeful that we'll just have a late crop of bouquets.
Tomatoes, basil, cukes, eggplant, pumpkin, and watermelon are all taking off as well. However, I'm not sure we're going to see many of the leeks or celery survive the trip from D.C.
The weed war is exhausting and I'm losing miserably. I'm lucky to keep the rows clear but the aisles and all the reserved garden space is over-run. Even the plot of buckwheat I planted as a green mulch next to the strawberries has fallen to the enemy. I have all kinds of choice words for the weeds when I slam the stirrup hoe into the quack grass or slice the ground-cover with the colinear hoe. It sounds like a bar-room fight in my garden.


3 comments:
wow, perfect plants, sounds like the Hotel New Hampshire up there, without the drama....mama....can't wait to come back....you go GIRL!
and thanks for updating....
been there, done that. The rewards will be in yr plate, take care of yr back !! Does yoga help?
Courage!
P.
nice,as Patty says,been there,done that,you´ll have time this winter,making pies etc and planning next yrs crop!hahah!
Post a Comment