Monday, September 27, 2010

Harvest, September 26

"Rosa Bianca" Italian eggplant, various bell peppers, and zucchini.

MORE tomatoes!

The cockscomb celosia is going nuts in the garden.
Think I'll keep growing the burgundy and scarlet. The lime is unremarkable.

Mini-watermelons are now ripe as are most of the pumpkins (which were 
harvested and stored last week). We have two pumpkins that are carvable, 
the rest should be yummy for baking and soups.

These "Petite Yellow" watermelons are sweet! Now I just have to get
my children and my customers used to picking or spitting out seeds
because the flavor is truly worth the effort.
I grew these "Chinese Mini Gourds" to test for fall decorative sales.
They're adorable keepers. You clean them in a solution of 10% 
natural bleach and it helps them "keep" longer.

2 comments:

linda said...

wonderful colors.......looks like your test garden's working to me....
saw some really tall celosia at daffodil mart in gloucester, didn't get name of variety...your bulbs are in the us mail today....plant on........xo
"The day, water, sun, moon, night --
I do not have to pay
to enjoy these things."
Titus Platus

Bob O said...

What a great harvest !! Especially amazing considering this is your first year!