Wednesday, November 10, 2010

BIG Farm News

Noami. Rockin' the tractor.

Plowing in preparation for the 2011 Winnicut River Farm vegetable crop.
We are thrilled to announce that Noami Brautigam will be joining us here at Winnicut River Farm and growing, harvesting, and selling vegetables! Noami is Art's cousin and spent the last two years apprenticing and working on farms in England and state-side in Maine.  We are really excited to work with her. She plans to continue growing organically, as David & Paula did before us, and she has some great ideas to get us started. We hope to join a few local markets next season and to provide our seacoast neighbors with some wholesome, yummy veggies, sweet fruits, and cheerful farm flowers!

As we move forward there will be more updates on our growing plans and progress with some contributions from Noami on this blog as well. I will begin putting the more personal, family material that has appeared on this public blog on a new, private one. More details to follow. In the meantime, if you're interested in "joining" the private blog, send me an email, give me a call, or let me know in "comments" below. Thanks!

7 comments:

Cappy said...

Cappy is interested of course,so send info please,have you seen our "new" blog? It´s capandpats.tumblr.com ( I think haha) how cold is it now?

Unknown said...

hey! I wanna know about the private blog too!!! pleaaaaase!
miss u guys, hope everything is going well! love

Nancy said...

Hi Jean
Missed you at Sheila and Carlton's wedding. Great time and lots of dancing and celebrating at nats stadium. I'd love to have your email and have access to the private blog. Nice way to keep up a bit. The Farm is amazing - all the best.
Aunt Nancy
ps It's been a while!

linda said...

Private and public please, how's the knee and the cold?????????????

Padraigin said...

hey Jean - I'd like access to the private blog if that's okay. It's great to see the pics of the extended family. I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm in the midst of a bit of turkey anxiety at the moment but nothing out of the ordinary. :) Take care and keep it coming. I hope we get to visit your farm someday! Aunt Patricia

Padraigin said...

Hi Jean - My Irish name is Padraigin if you are wondering at the Google name. Happy Thanksgiving! yes, please, access to the private blog. I love the beautiful pics. I hope we get to see your farm someday! Love to all, Aunt Patricia

Bob O said...

Jean, I love these photos and the narrative. Keep at it!

Bob